Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer Lust List

I'm not a huge fan of summer. I never have been. Is that crazy? In Northern Cali it is three straight months of ridiculously hot weather and trying to live comfortably when you're indoors and it's eighty degrees (I like a nice cool seventy). I much prefer snuggling under quilts and drinking hot drinks. That's just me. For some reason this year I am kind of excited for summer... It  has been such a rainy winter and spring here though so it will be nice to experience a little heat:) I say that now, but ask me again in a few weeks and I'll probably be singing a different tune.
Anyway, as summer approaches I love to browse for things I'd like to add to my summer wardrobe. I am one of those people that sees something I like and then I visit it online over and over until I convince myself to wait until it goes on sale or that I don't need it. But these are a few things I'm going to try to either treat myself to or replicate in one crafty way or another!
I am in LOVE with this Anthropologie swimsuit! I have been looking for a cute one piece because I am no longer in any position to be wearing a two-piece. Also, I will be doing a lot of swimming with Kiddo so I need something more appropriate and practical. Isn't this retro inspired one adorable? They no longer have my size, and it's also like $150 so it's a no go for this particular suit, but I am on the lookout for a similar one. Have any of you seen anything like this anywhere??? I'd sure appreciate the heads up if you have! :D
I love this swimsuit cover from BCBG. I would probably just wear it as a dress! It's just so comfy looking and summery!
I love this Anthropologie vest for the same reason as the cover. I am obsessed with anything that has a handkerchief  hem. I love love love the way it looks. wouldn't this vest be adorable with some boyfriend shorts for summer?!
I have been eyeballing this dress for weeks! I saw it at Gap and I just love it. Matt and I do a lot of our shopping at Gap online because they have Tall sizes (I'm 5'10" and Matt is 6'3"). Almost everything there is overpriced but the great thing about them is that they go on sale so soon. I can't wait for this dress to go on sale! I might even try to make one! It's like the perfect Farmer's Market dress with a straw hat, right? :)
And yes, another lust item from Anthro. I swear I'm so into satchel bags lately that I don't even look at shoulder bags. They are just so convenient and hands free! This one is probably the most darling thing I've ever seen. I need to find something similar and make a big cute bow like that to attach to it!
Last, but absolutely not least on my list is not a summery dress or bag, but a summertime trip:) I have lived my entire life within a couple hours of Napa Valley and have never spent any time there. I am making it a priority this summer! Matt has been a lot of times and he just loves it. We want to go for his birthday weekend in August. Have any of you been? If so, are there any hotels or bed and breakfast type places that you would suggest? 

Also, don't forget to enter my 100th Post Giveaway!!! I will be announcing the winner tomorrow at 8:00PM PST!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley
    Well I am in LOVE with this Anthropologie swimsuit too!!!! please!! and probably far more appropriate for me these days.. I'm getting on.. hahahaha... Well we are just a few days off winter so won't be needing it for a while!!...

    Thanks so much for stopping by my way.. and have a great week xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete