Sunday, July 18, 2010

Homemade Cinnamon Peach Ice Cream!

My family came to our humble abode for a little visit yesterday. We had such a nice time. I love seeing my mom and her sisters together. They crack me up:) We went out for a great lunch and Matt thought it would be fun to make them a dessert so he made...... homemade ice cream!!! Not just any homemade ice cream, but cinnamon peach ice cream! He found the recipe on razzledazzlerecipes.com. When we went to his parent's house Friday night to borrow her ice cream maker (and do laundry, of course) Mona busted out the most adorable cups ever to serve them in. I swear there is not an occasion known to man that my mother-in-law is not prepared for! She is armed for any situation with something adorable to adorn it with:)
 I cannot put how amazing the ice cream turned out into words. It was beyond words. Rich and yet light and fruity and sweet... yum yum yum! If you have an ice cream maker you have to try this. If you don't have one; go get one solely for this purpose. It had been so long since I'd had homemade ice cream. There's just nothing like it:)
Now that I've gone on and on... I hope you are all have a sweet and beautiful weekend with those you love!

Cinnamon Peach Ice Cream
Recipe:
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1 1/2 lbs. ripe fresh peaches pealed and puréed

Directions:
Combine cream and milk in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat. When mixture just begins to boil, remove from heat. Stir in half the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until sugar dissolves. Let cool. Meanwhile, combine remaining sugar and salt with peach purée in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and set aside until sugar dissolves. Stir sweetened milk mixture into peach purée. (May need to adjust sugar depending on sweetness of the fruit.) Chill in refrigerator. Freeze in an ice cream maker 20-30 minutes until frozen.

1 comment: