Friday, October 2, 2009

Oh Kitchenaid, Oh Kitchenaid, Why Couldn't You Just Be Yellow?

     Last weekend Matt and I went on a shopping spree at Macy's! Well, at first we just went to get a Kitchenaid mixer because we heard they were on sale. However, everything was on sale and with all the crazy low prices we just couldn't help ourselves. We spent literally HOURS looking at everything. We got a lot of great cooking gear from our wedding, but there were still quite a few big things that we still wanted. Obviously the main things we needed were the outrageously expensive things, so we have been mixing and chopping by hand, using hand-me-down pots and pans, garage sale colanders, etc. I am happy to report this is no longer the case!! It was so much fun, and I was so glad we waited because we got unbelievable deals. We got the big Cuisinart food processor, an adorable yellow colander, an egg timer, bowls with lids, stainless steel pots and pans, and a 5 quart beautiful Kitchenaid mixer!! How excited are you for us? We got all of this for around what we would have paid full price for the mixer! I know, I know, crazy right?!
     Anywho, so our spree was lengthened pretty considerably because I had such a hard time picking the color of mixer. Did you know they have 26 different options? I kept going back and forth from this really awesome pale yellow one that was on display to classic white. White will always look good no matter what your kitchen colors are, but I can't resist anything that comes in yellow. I am a woman obsessed. After calling several people for advice and standing there for quite some time biting my nails, I finally made my decision. You guessed it, I went with yellow:) We had to order it though because there wasn't any in stock.
     I have been loving how easy everything is when you have good tools to use in the kitchen. Matt was so excited about the Cuisinart that he was using it right after we got it even though we had literally no groceries. I came upstairs to find this crazy liquidy crap all over everything. He was trying to make sugar cookies, but we didn't have flour. But, oh no, that didn't stop him. When I asked him what this was supposed to be he said cookie soup. He's so weird:)
    Yesterday I saw the UPS man (who likes to wear his uniform shirt unbuttoned half way with no under shirt, sexxxyyy) pulling up when I was on my way to go get Matt for lunch. We were so excited to see our Kitchenaid mixer that we came straight back home to open it!!! It was blue.... crap! Ah, so irritating. We can't always get what we want without going over bumps on the way. The yellow mixer is coming soon. I'll be sure to show you when I get it.

This had made life so much easier and food so much tastier:)

I love, love, love having these! Oh Martha, what would we do without you?

Isn't this cute?! Another Martha item:)



Oh, the overwhelming disappointment...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment