Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Past Projects Revisited...

I wanted to share a few more of my fun little projects. Most of the things I make end up being gifts so unfortunately I can't take pictures of all of my past favorite creations, but here are a few that I loved making...




This is one of the MANY berets I have made! I made this one for myself in my favorite color combo, yellow and grey. I love this pattern because it's easy and it always seems to fit my odd shaped head well:) The pattern for this beret is in the oh so wonderful book called Love to Knit... I suggest checking it out because it has so many adorable things that are great for beginners! 


This little apron was a Christmas gift for my adorable sister-in-law, Katie. Katie is a masterful pie-baker. Yummy to my tummy. She didn't have a full apron though. She's a tiny, gorgeous little thing so this looks so cute on her! It looks like a bib on me... haha. I found this pattern at Joanne's Fabrics, I believe. The awesome material I used is of course, none other than Miss Amy Butler. What would we do without her? An apron is such a fun gift to make because it's quick and easy, and really, who doesn't love a pretty apron? Nobody, that's who! 

Of all the scarves I've made, this one is my favorite. It is just straight knitted, and it was one of the first knitting projects I ever took on. I love it because of the yarn. I saw this hand-dyed yarn in a little shop in downtown Sacramento, but I didn't buy it because it was so expensive. I literally thought about this yarn for months before I went back to get it. When I did it was gone so I ordered it. With great struggle comes great reward! Isn't it pretty?

This is an afghan I made for Mona and Dan last Christmas. It was one of the most fun projects I've ever taken on! I learned so many new things with this afghan. It is crocheted, which is totally fun to do and looks so pretty. There are so many cool patterns that you can find for free online! I found this one online and just thought it was unique looking. Here's the link if you want to check it out: Plush Throw.

No comments:

Post a Comment