Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Simple Delights

I'm not exactly the world's most exciting girl. I take a lot of pleasure in things most people would find endlessly dull. However, I pride myself on finding life's little joys in the simple things. Everyday can be a day full of treats if you keep your eye out for them:) I'm perfectly content living my boring life. It's a little slice of heaven to me, and it's my life so I'm the only one to impress! These are just a few of those common things that bring me joy each day...


This is our kitchen chalkboard. My husband either leaves me a chalkboard message or writes me a little note and leaves it by my side of the bed almost every morning. I wasn't feeling well last night so this is what I woke up to today! Isn't he just a total doll?


Ladies and gentlemen I'd like to introduce you to Fluff-n-Nutter Sandwich. Now that you're acquainted, I'm sure you'll become fast friends. All it is is peanut butter and marshmallow creme on bread. It's the most delicious thing you could ever have for a snack. It's not exactly healthy, but hey it's better for you than pb&j! I can't wait to have kids so I can give them these in their lunches as a special treat! I'll probably do it on Mondays because what else it there to look forward to on Mondays?

The most wonderful of all my simple delights is my knitting. I do at least a little bit of knitting everyday and the time I spend knitting is dear to my soul. I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't constantly working on a new creation. This particular project is a hat for my friend Andrea's birthday, which is tomorrow.. It will be a late gift, but hopefully it will be worth the wait. I find people tend to be the most appreciative of homemade gifts. I know I love giving and receiving them!
This is Matt's and my favorite board game to play! Have you ever played Sorry!? If you haven't, do it and do it soon. It's so much fun! We play it all the time. I don't even know why we like it so much. It's such a simple game. I've been playing it with my parents and brother since I was really little. I think the box says 6 years and up. That's the best kind of game for me; the kind that 6 year olds can comprehend! hahaha

My mom bought me a hummingbird feeder a few weeks ago and I love it! I sit out on our patio and wait for a hummingbird to visit all the time. We only have one visitor:) He comes everyday in the morning and early evenings for his meals. You can't tell in these photos, but he is this really pretty brown color with a bright red tummy. I think he's so pretty. He's like our pet. It's all for you little guy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your bird friend visitor. I've got to get me a hummingbird feeder. Then I'll have a bird friend, too. Hope you guys are feeling better. Take it easy; you guys do so much. Mattie, tomorrow is Grandma's birthday. Think of her, talk to her, and say a prayer. I love you. How much would Grandma have loved Ashley? Love Mom, whose feeling teary and missing her Mom. Wish I was there to take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright that's it...sorry game night it is...I LOVE THAT GAME...especially when I get to shout out...SORRRRRRRY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys! Ashley, thank you for thinking of me today. I went to the grand opening of the new Goodwill today and I was walking around and I glanced over and just laying there looking at me was a wooden cut-out with the name Rebecca and a little red colored heart on it. Rebecca was my mom's real first name and her older grandkids called her Rebi. I just thought Hi, Mom. Of course she was with me on her birthday. We always spent her birthday together. I saw the cutest little red coat at angrychicken.typepad.com. Go there and check it out. Love the polka dot fabric, the polka dot inside pocket, and how cool is that matching little notebook. I can just see you whipping up one of those for little Patience. Anyway, we were looking at it and Danny thought it was your blog, and Katie said "That's not Ashley's blog", and Dannny said, are you ready? Ashley could make that. The ultimate compliment from him. Hope you guys are feeling better. Love and talk to you soon. Mom

    ReplyDelete