Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pieces of Matt and Ashley

I think I've done just about enough posting for today, but I wanted to do just one more:) I wanted to share a few things that are special to my heart because they are symbols of the love that my husband and I have for each other. These are things that have such special meaning. 

First, our wedding rings. Every time I look at my hand I could cry. They're such beautiful rings; I am so proud of them. They remind me of our struggle to get to where we are today, our vows to love one another for eternity and just how lucky we are that we found each other to share this life with.
For those of you who don't know, Matt and I were best friends for a while before we became a couple. At some point I will write the story of how we fell in love, but for now I'll just say that our first Christmas together was the time when I figured out that I would spend forever with him. For my Christmas gifts from Matt I received my first sewing machine and this. It is the title page of my favorite book in the bible, Job. This is the title page from the first bible printed in English in the 1600's. When Matt and I first met every time he was going through something hard I would tell him to read Job... This was the most special gift I've ever received. I can't describe in words how much it means to me. 
Sorry there's a watermark.. This is the bible that Matt and I were married with. My grandma bought it for me as a bridal shower gift. It's such a beautiful bible! You can't really see in the picture but it's engraved in silver and says Matt & Ashley on the front. Pastor Tim kept his notes from our ceremony in here. I will someday give it to our children to be married with, and hopefully someday they will give it to their children as well:)
This was my great grandmother Collins' ring. We were both born in December and this is December's birthstone, blue topaz. My grandma has told me since I was a little girl that I would inherit this ring when I got married. It was my something old and something blue. I love it so much. It's just stunning. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, hello, hun!!! I didn't know you had a blog...and could it be any cuter!?! You are such a doll! I can't wait to keep up with you on here and see all the fun stuff you post!

    ReplyDelete