Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Winter, Summer, Spring and Shawl!



For my first project posting I decided to share my Pretty Knits' shawl. I started learning to knit a little over two years ago. I like to say that I'm a self-taught knitter, but the truth is my husband taught me:) He taught himself from books and then showed me because he's a "super genius" (so he likes to call himself). I have really tried to dedicate myself to this wonderful craft, learning all I can and knitting all I can. I am a passionate lover of knitting. When I saw the shawl on the cover of Susan Cropper's Pretty Knits in my mother-in-law's living room I fell in love. The pattern looked intimidating, but it turned out to be one of my most fun knits to date. I am so proud of the way my pretty shawl turned out! I can't wait until fall comes so I can wear it!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for finishing that shawl. (and jealous) It is just gorgeous and I know how much time and effort went into it. You're my knitting idol! Keep knitting! Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mona! You need to get started on Katie's so we can be shawl twins! You also need to start blogging because it's the most fun ever! I'm quickly becoming addicted...

    ReplyDelete